Who can apply?
• the main beneficiaries must be young people aged between 14 and 21
• groups or individuals can apply
• your group must be based in Northern Ireland or if you are applying as an individual, you must be resident in Northern Ireland
What can I apply for?
You can apply for almost any youth work activity, which should be linked to the aims of the Northern Ireland Youth Work Curriculum but there are some exceptions:
Travel: awards are made for travel for activities taking place within Northern Ireland, Great Britain and the Republic of Ireland only. Overseas trips are not eligible for an award.
Sport: Applications for sport will only be considered where the applicant can show that the sport is part of a curriculum based youth work programme.
Individuals making an application for sports activity or coaching must be able to demonstrate that they will pass their skills on to a youth group.
Single activity sports groups /clubs are not eligible for an Award.
Equipment: Applications for the purchase of equipment should be directly related to training or youth work provision for young people.
Awards will not be made for musical instruments, band uniforms or tuition.
Other information you need to know
• You should show some evidence of fund raising by your group on your application.
• Awards are not made for general running costs, capital building costs or salaries.
• Funding will not be given in retrospect.
• Applications will be considered by the Awards Panel at their meeting which are usually held 4 times each year. The date of the next meeting is usually posted on the Awards website. Applications will not usually be considered at any other time.
• The maximum award is £500.
• Consecutive awards will only be made to the same group or individual if the second application is for a different project. After two such consecutive awards, no further applications will be considered from the group until one full calendar year has passed.